If you have Type 1 or Type 2 diabetes, there are lots of resources out there for you. In a special partnership with Healthline, we are excited to bring you a comprehensive guide for managing diabetes.
Now, more statistics, support, awareness, online tools and clinical trials information are available at your fingertips:
Nonprofit organizations can do a lot for spreading awareness and information. Some of these diabetes nonprofits have a unique focus on either a specific type of diabetes or on diabetes research. Others cover a broad range of information on all things related to diabetes, including events and fundraisers.
- Children’s Diabetes Foundation
- The diaTribe Foundation
- Beyond Type 1
- Diabetes Research Institute Foundation (DRI)
- American Diabetes Association
- Joslin Diabetes Center
- Taking Control of Your Diabetes (TCOYD)
- Diabetes Research & Wellness Foundation
Statistics And Helpful Reads
These sites are great sources to use when spreading diabetes awareness to friends, family, and others. They provide people with diabetes — along with health professionals — information on the current statistics surrounding diabetes.
- American Diabetes Association: Fast Facts
- American Diabetes Association: Statistics About Diabetes
- The National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases: Diabetes Statistics
- Medical News Today: Statistics and Facts About Type 2 Diabetes
- Diabetes UK: Facts & Figures
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention: National Diabetes Statistics Report
Family And Caregiver Support Groups
Finding support for managing your diabetes is important. For family and caregivers of someone with diabetes, finding support is as equally crucial. Caregiving can be challenging and feel isolating, but these groups can provide assistance and show that diabetes caregivers aren’t alone.
- Defeat Diabetes Foundation: Understanding Diabetes
- Sutter Health CPMC: Diabetes Education
- University of Pittsburgh Diabetes Prevention Support Center
- Healtheo360: Diabetes Support Group
- Diabetic Connect
Advocacy And Awareness Groups
The groups listed below are those focused on policies that directly affect individuals with diabetes — from insurance coverage to treatments available. They work to bring awareness to diabetes and advocate for support while championing policies that may impact the care and treatment of anyone with diabetes.
- Diabetes Patient Advocacy Coalition (DPAC)
- Diabetes Advocacy Alliance
- Beyond Type 1
- T1D Exchange
These helpful online tools can help you manage your diabetes from just about anywhere. You can keep track of your blood glucose levels, calculate your risks, and find information on diabetes.
- American Diabetes Association: Diabetes 24/7
- Glucose Buddy
- Glucose – Blood Sugar Tracker
- Diabetes Australia: Diabetes Risk Calculator
Clinical Trials are essential for furthering treatment for many diseases. These sources provide you with information on the latest drugs, treatments, and other information currently being researched or in clinical trials. You can also go to these sites to sign up to be screened to participate in current trials: